Senior Surgical Nurse
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
Senior Staff Nurse – Surgical
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Salary: Band 5 (annual) depending on experience
Role: Permanent, Full-time position
Pulse is delighted to be working alongside a well-renowned private healthcare group to recruit a new Senior Staff Nurse to join their Surgical team!
The impressive hospital has 64 registered beds all with ensuite facilities and parent and child rooms, a 14-bed day unit as well as a high dependency unit. They focus on a range of services and specialties including surgery, medicine, oncology, plastic, cosmetic surgery and paediatrics.
They have the opportunity to fill a full-time permanent position!
Working within a highly supportive team, we are seeking an experienced Staff Nurse whose main purpose will be to plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and also temporary staff. You must be able to demonstrate good clinical practice and be accountable for all actions.
What’s in it for you?
- Contributory pension scheme
- Attractive enhancement rates between 30% – 100% for evenings, weekends and bank holidays available to permanent and bank
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 day’s Bank Holiday
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line
- Access to the Academy – We invest in our people by creating real development opportunities and career pathways supported by structured learning curriculums
Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good teamwork
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
We are looking for you to be:
- NMC Registered
- Previous surgical experience is essential
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful referring them.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.