Scrub Practitioner/Nurse-Central London
Scrub Practitioner/Nurse-Central London
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
An experienced Scrub Practitioner/Nurse is needed to join a highly talented surgical team at a prestigious private hospital in London. The hospital takes pleasure in operating on the principles of offering quality in one location, and they have been dedicated to establishing teams of professionals supported by world-class medical resources since their beginnings nearly 100 years ago.
Their hospital has been rated GOOD by the CQC and has a great reputation for providing healthcare in a range of specialties.
Role overview for a Scrub Practitioner/Nurse
This position will have a significant impact on patients’ well-being. The Scrub Nurse is in charge of providing safe, professional, and compassionate care to the patient and their family. The Scrub Nurse’s overall role is to aid the surgeon by passing instruments during the different procedures that will occur during a shift.
An exceptional benefits package on offer & it will include
- Attractive salary of up to £42,956 per year dependent on experience + 10% shift upgrades for unsociable hours
- A comprehensive package that includes a contribution pension system (with a maximum yearly contribution of 20%).
- Access to private medical healthcare
- Travel loan for season tickets
- Great professional growth, with defined career paths and access to additional education.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
They invest in cutting-edge technology and are happy to be a part of the community of world-class hospitals that help to make London a worldwide renowned medical care centre. They are also a charitable organisation. This means that they are always reinvesting in the research, education, and innovation that enables them to better the lives of their patients and the larger community.
What will your duties consist of?
- Act as an example and mentor to junior personnel, offering guidance and assistance to others.
- Evaluate, test, and prepare surgical equipment, medicines, and consumables for a variety of operative procedures.
- Perform mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, as well as during and after wound closure.
- Assist and support patients during the peri-operative period of their care by performing scrub responsibilities in accordance with rules and procedures, contributing to quality improvement and promoting best evidence-based treatment.
What you will bring?
- 1-year postgraduate experience in operation theatres, including specific training in a variety of surgical specialties
- NMC or HPC registration as a registered nurse or practitioner.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities.
- The ability to deal with sensitive and difficult situations.
- The ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Experience and knowledge of applying clinical reasoning skills across a diverse patient case mix and competence across a range of abilities.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity so click on “Apply now” or please get in contact with our team for an informal chat
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you could earn £250 voucher for referring them.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.