Great Ormond Street Hospital
A rewarding experience like no other
As an international centre of excellence in child healthcare, GOSH is an acute specialist paediatric hospital with a mission to provide world-class care to children and young people with rare, complex, and difficult-to-treat conditions.
Plus, together with its research partner, the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, it’s the UK’s only academic Biomedical Research Centre specialising in paediatrics.
Opportunities in the Heart and Lung Directorate
There are roles available in the heart and lung department, both for registered paediatric nurses and adult nursing professionals.
No paediatric experience? No problem. GOSH have exceptional training and development opportunities and can support you with the latest paediatric nursing training.
Our featured jobs
GOSH – Band 5 Neurosciences Ward
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Koala and Possum Ward Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital Speciality: Brain – Neurosciences/ Neurosurgery Hours: 37.5 hours / mixed shift pattern Type: Full Time/Permanent (Part Time…
GOSH Band 6 Neurosciences Ward
Band 6 Staff Nurse – Koala and Possum Ward Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital Speciality: Brain – Neurosciences/ Neurosurgery Hours: 37.5 hours / mixed shift pattern Type: Full Time/Permanent (Part Time…
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Bear Ward (Cardiac) – GOSH
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Bear Ward Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital Speciality: Cardiac Hours: 37.5 hours / mixed shift pattern Type: Full Time/Permanent (Part Time hrs considered) Salary: Between £34,089…
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Cardiac Intensive Care Unit – GOSH
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital Hours: 37.5 hours / 12 hour shifts (07:45 – 20:15 and 19:45 – 08:15) Type: Full Time/Permanent…
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Leopard Ward (Respiratory) – GOSH
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Leopard Ward Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital Speciality: Respiratory Ward Hours: 37.5 hours / mixed shift pattern Type: Full Time/Permanent (Part Time hrs considered) Salary: Between…
Benefits of working at GOSH
GOSH offers an excellent renumeration package along with loads of great benefits, including:
- Flexible working options
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Support with childcare (holiday play scheme and on-site nursery)
- Staff accommodation (subject to availability) and assistance finding accommodation
- Subsidised meals in the staff restaurant
- Access to a range of local and national discounts
- Staff counselling and advice service
- Massage and physiotherapy
- Activities and social events available via Culture Club
- Monthly and annual staff recognition awards
- NHS pension scheme
- Allocated mentor and bespoke supernumerary period tailored to your level of experience
- Shifts with practice educators and facilitators, 1:1 meetings with your team leader
- CICU specific skills competency book and weekly simulation
- The opportunity to connect with nurses on a local, regional, national and global scale
- Opportunities for continuing education and career development through tailor-made programmes and academic pathways designed to enhance knowledge, skills and expertise
Where is GOSH based?
GOSH is in the Bloomsbury area of central London, close to four mainline train stations including London Euston and Farringdon. The heart and lung department is located in the main hospital building.
As well as being close to major train stations and several tube lines, the hospital has excellent transport links for those living in and outside of London. The trust even offers interest-free season ticket loans to staff, making travelling to work a little easier on the pocket.
Why apply with Pulse?
Our dedicated and experienced team of recruitment consultants are always on hand to support you with your application to GOSH. We’ll provide you with the information you need from when you first express interest in GOSH and help you with things like updating your CV and preparing for interviews.
Let us take away the administrative burden that often comes with starting a new job and make things a lot easier as you settle into your new role.