Boost your career with our free e-learning modules
We want to give you every opportunity to excel in your career
At Pulse, we understand that your learning and development is essential to your progression. That’s why we offer additional voluntary online training to all of our healthcare workers.
Whether you need support with revalidation, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) or want to get ahead in your career, our selection of healthcare related eLearning CPD accredited modules are available online now for you to access.
Here’s a list of the online training courses available to you
- Autonomic Dysreflexia
- BLS and First Aid Theory
- Bridging the Gap – Acute to Community
- Child Protection Level One
- Child Protection Level Two
- Child Protection Level Three
- Communication, Complaints and Relationships
- Community Management of Medication
- Complaints Handling
- Consequences of Sleeping on Duty
- Counter Fraud
- Dementia Awareness
- Diabetes Management
- Domiciliary Care Induction
- Drug Calculations – General Nurses
- Drug Calculations – Mental Health
- Drug Calculations – Midwives
- Drug Calculations – Neonatal Nurses
- Drug Calculations – Paediatric Nurses
- Drug Calculations – Recovery Nurses
- Drug Calculations-Adult Critical Care/HDU
- Enteral Feeding
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights (England)(Scotland)
- Fire Safety
- Food Safety Level Two
- Health and Safety for Healthcare Workers
- IG, Data Protection and GDPR
- Infection Control Level Two
- Information Governance and Complaints knowledge
- Learning Disabilities Tier One
- Load Handling
- Lone Workers
- Management of Blood and Blood Products
- Management of Sepsis
- Med Management in an Acute Setting Knowledge
- Mental Capacity Act
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Health Awareness
- Modified Obstetric Early Warning Score (MOEWS)
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Moving and Handling Essentials Refresher
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS2)
- Newborn Life Support
- NMC OSCE Training
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Onboarding Clinical Training
- Paediatric Early Warning System (PEWS)
- Palliative Care Awareness
- Phrenic Nerve Stimulator
- PPE and COVID-19 Testing
- Radicalisation Assessment
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Suicide and Self-Harm Prevention
- The Impact of Cancelling Shifts
- Tissue Viability
- Urinary Catheterisation
To book your place on these training courses please speak to your booking consultant or compliance officer.
Telephone: 0333 577 3410, option 3 for compliance
Our training courses are available to all Pulse Nursing healthcare workers who meet the following criteria:
- Have worked with Pulse Nursing for three or more months
- Have worked shifts within the last six months
- You are fully compliant
All our courses are written by in-house subject matter experts and developed by our e-learning content developers before going through a rigorous review process.
We recognise that learning and development in healthcare is continuously developing and strive to provide relevant, update and appropriate learning content and are continuously developing new learning modules.
Additional free resources
In addition to the above learning modules offered via our digital hub our clinical team have reviewed some of available free resources that can contribute your continuing professional development (CPD).
- Alison: One of the world’s largest certifying organisations offering some free healthcare online CPD accredited modules. Find out more about courses on Alison.
- Diabetes UK: Their website contains a list of online courses suitable for healthcare workers. View courses listed on Diabetes UK.
- e-LfH: A Health Education England Programme in partnership with the NHS and Professional Bodies. It’s free to register to this website but requires NHS or healthcare group account to register or an active Athens account. Find out more about e-LfH courses.
- Open University: Some free courses offered by the Open University are suitable to those working in the healthcare setting (health, sports and psychology). Find out more about Open University courses.
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN): These online resources are free to access and introduce a growing range of nursing essentials. You do not need to be an RCN member to access. Find out more about Royal College of Nursing courses.
- Study PRN: Contains a selection of free online CPD courses, some of which are suitable for nurses. Find out more about Study PRN courses.