Pulse are Specialists in providing the NHS, Community and private healthcare sector with qualified occupational therapists both in the UK and Internationally.
My client is now recruiting for a Senior Occupational Therapists to be based in Kent to join their established and busy team working within Neurological Care and Rehabilitation Service.
The center provides a person-centered inpatient rehabilitation and care for male and female adolescents and adults (over 17 years) with a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.
Patients are encouraged to make individual choices about all aspects of life at the center and to be as independent as possible.
OT role will be working across two units; Unit for clients with complex physical neurodisability, and Unit which works with clients with primary cognitive impairment and challenging behavior.
Band 7 OT you will:
- Work as part of multidisciplinary team for service users with complex acquired neurological impairments within an inpatient intensive rehabilitation setting.
- Provide highly specialised assessment and treatment for patients with complex neurological conditions
- Support OT lead in departmental and service development projects
- Deputise for OT lead in their absence.
- Undertake a significant clinical caseload to a high professional standard using evidence based practice.
- To responsibility for supervision, education and assessment of Senior II Occupational therapists, rehabilitation technicians, volunteers and students.
- Take a central role in develop projects, audits teams clinical practice.
- Take a lead role in in-service trainings.
- Be able to work as a named therapist
- Hold a recognised Occupational Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent
- Be a registered member of the HCPC
- Be a registered member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists with a current license to practice
- Be adept in the management of patients with complex disabilities including seating and positioning
- Be able to complete cognitive assessments and devise appropriate treatment plans.
- Have demonstrable experience if clinical supervision, junior staff, assistants and students
- Be an excellent communicator - both written and verbally
- Have excellent interpersonal skills – including observation, listening and empathy skills
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
Alternatively for more information or to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gurdeep Jandu, in the Permanent Occupational Therapy team on: 01992 305 659 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.