Pulse currently has an exciting full time community position available. Candidates applying for this position need to be a Band 6 or 7 Occupational therapist with relevant experience working within a community role. The candidate also needs to be a car driver as this position will involve home visits. Paediatric experience and knowledge would also be essential, and it would be very desirable if the candidate had experience with Autism. This position will cover areas in and around Colchester.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Enable children with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home.
- Help children make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent.
- Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities.
- Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required.
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required.
- Promote a physically disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers.
- Support the physically disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role.
- Carry out practical assessments of people’s ability to carry out normal activities of daily living:
- Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned consultant
- Privilege, employee benefits package*
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.