Pulse is now recruiting for a Lead Speech and Language Therapist to join their Specialist Brain Injury Neurological Care and Rehabilitation Service at The Huntercombe Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre based in Nottingham.
The role is available to start as soon as possible working full-time hours, for an ongoing period. The ideal candidate will need experience working within a similar setting.
Your duties will include:
• Providing specialist management of communication and swallowing disorders for clients with brain injury and neurological disorders
• Managing the Speech and Language Therapy service in relation to staffing, service and organisational issues
• Ensuring accurate documentation of assessment, treatment and outcome measures across the whole department are maintained
• Initiating and taking a proactive role in the multi-disciplinary team service developments
• Ensuring the provision of a high-quality Speech Language Therapy service and its place within the multi-disciplinary team
Education and experience needed:
• Have a Masters or post graduate modules
• HCPC registered
• Be a registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists with a current license to practice
•Disphagia experience/ accreditation
• Be an excellent communicator
• Have a legal right to work in the UK
• Must be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and work load.
In return we offer you:
• A thorough induction program tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
• 2 weeks paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Opportunities for training and development
• Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
About our client
The Huntercombe Group is a private healthcare provider who employs some of the most talented staff in their field. Their aim is to help people live the happiest and most fulfilling lives they can. They specialise in private care for patients with mental health problems, learning difficulties and brain injuries. Patients and residents range from young teenagers to people in their 60s.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.