Pulse is looking for a Head Occupational Therapist who has extensive knowledge and experience in working within CAMHS to deliver a clinical service on one ward, and to provide direction and leadership in the OT department. The post holder will be part of the senior management team, and be responsible for raising the OT profile and sustaining a strong OT identity within the hospital.
The candidate appointed will be responsible for the provision and development of a high-quality OT service; to provide a client-centred approach to a defined caseload of service users with complex mental health needs.
The role is based within a private hospital in Kent, and is available to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy
• HCPC Registration
• Membership of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy) or equivalent
• Currently operating as a Highly Specialist (Band 7) / Lead OT (or equivalent)
• Experience in the field of Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) is essential
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team; contributing to care planning and risk assessments
• Experience of leading and facilitating individual / group treatment sessions and providing clinical support and supervision to Junior OTs and/or OT Assistants
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary between £35,000 – £40,000 (depending on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• CPD and service development meetings
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.