Are you a compassionate Occupational Therapist who specialises in Paediatric Learning Disabilities?
Our client is currently seeking a Band 7 Occupational Therapist to join their fantastic Paediatric Learning Disabilities service based in Rutland. This position will be available for the successful therapist to start immediately, working full time hours each week on a permanent basis.
The successful therapist will be working within a multidisciplinary team at a special needs school for pupils aged 2-19 years of age. The occupational therapist will provide assessment, advice, therapy and support to individuals and groups of children at the school.
Applying candidates should have leadership/management experience within their role as they will e responsible for managing a small clinical team.
Applying OT’s must have:
• HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
• Degree/qualification in Occupational Therapy
• Extensive experience working within LD/Autism (minimum 1 year)
• Leadership/management experience
• Enhanced DBS
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Ability to work well within a team
• Ability to build good relationships with patients
Duties within this role will include:
• ASD assessment
• Carrying out functional assessments
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Treating clients with Autism/ADHD
• Managing own caseload
• Being legally and professionally accountable for own work
• Competitive salary
• An individual induction on your role and expectations
• A corporate induction on company policies and basic duties
• Competitive annual leave
• Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Childcare vouchers
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.