Our client is looking for a Band 7 Occupational Therapist to join the Elderly Care Medical team at a well-established NHS trust, based in London. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours per week for an ongoing period.
You will be responsible for assessing and treating acute inpatients within a medical & care of the elderly acute surge ward setting.
The successful candidate will also need to have experience in discharge planning from an acute hospital setting, to be considered for the role.
Duties within this role will include:
- Assessments and provision of hoists and slings
- Develop rehabilitation programs to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- Devising care plans with family members and/or carers
- Discharge planning
- Managing a clinical caseload
- Working as part as a multidisciplinary team
- Writing accurate and detailed reports on patient progress
Skills and experience needed:
- Experience of working within a similar role
- HCPC registration
- Knowledge of specialist equipment
- The relevant degree/qualifications
In return, Pulse can offer you:
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- Daily payroll
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- HireVue online interviews
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomists
- Support and advice from our team of friendly and dedicated consultants
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector (which is not affected by IR35)
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.