Pulse is now seeking a Band 6 Speech Therapist with extensive Learning Disability experience to join a well-established NHS client based in Bedfordshire. This position is available to start as soon as possible, working full-time hours for an initial 6-month period. As the candidate may have to travel between sites, it is essential that they are a car driver with access to their own vehicle.
The post holder will mainly be managing their own caseload of patients who have various learning disabilities and will be required to provide assessments and care plans that are tailored to individuals. There may be some patients who have dysphagia, so previous experience within a similar role would be required.
Other duties within this role will include:
- Monitor progress against outcome focused care plans and discharge when appropriate
- Providing specialist communication assessments to support legal process and inform judiciary
- Maintaining records and case notes
- Run controlled therapy sessions
- Assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need and strategies to support development
To be considered for this role:
- 3 years minimum of post graduate experience
- Must hold the relevant degree/qualifications
- HCPC registration
In return, Pulse can offer you:
- HireVue interviews
- Daily payroll
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Streamlined compliance process utilising new online technology
- £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
- Flexible work opportunities in a range of settings, great for CV building and gaining experience
- First class service from an experienced team of consultants
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.