Pulse is now actively seeking to recruit a part Band 6/7 Physiotherapist to join a Stroke Early Supported Discharge Team (ESD) based in Godalming. The ESD teams provide individualised stroke rehabilitation to support stroke patient and their carers in the early weeks of discharge from hospital.
The placement is available for immediate start working up until 10/11/2017. This is a temporary position, working 19-20hrs per week. It is essential the locum is a car driver due to it being a community post, pool car may be available. The pay will be dependant on the banding.
Duties within this role will include:
- Pre-admission and pre-operative assessment
- Autonomously manage a significant caseload and undertake comprehensive assessment of stroke patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies
- Treating spinal cord injury
- Making referrals when necessary to other healthcare professionals
- Undertake therapeutic moving and handling with patients e.g. normalising tone, functional mobility, ADL assessments.
- Formulate and deliver individualised treatment programmes in accordance with the goals of the patient and their carers.
- Outline rehab care plans for rehabilitation assistants to carry out unsupervised.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Must have post graduate experience working in neurology and stroke care and ideally experience working in the community and in interdisciplinary teams
- HCPC registered
- Previous experience working in similar role
In return Pulse can offer you:
- Variety of work opportunities within the NHS and private sector (which is not affected by IR35)
- Free training
- SRE team of trained phlebotomists
- Daily payroll
- HireVue online interviews
- Streamlined compliance process utilising new online technology
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and Umbrella
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, both part time and full time
*Terms and Conditions apply*
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply using the application form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.