Pulse is currently seeking a Band 6/7 Paediatric Speech Therapist to join a Learning Disabilities team at an innovative NHS trust based in Middlesex. This position is available to start as soon as possible, offering full or part time hours for an initial 3 month period with possibility to extend.
The post holder will be working in a clinic setting with pre-school children aged 0-5 years, with complex need such as; Autism, Down’s Syndrome. Therefore, to apply for this role it is essential that candidates have at least 2 years’ experience working within Paediatric Learning Disabilities.
It would be ideal if candidates also had experience working with Dysphagia and AAC.
Duties will include:
- Managing a caseload of young children with language delay, speech disorders, dysfluency and ASD
- Carrying out PLS-5 assessments and providing therapeutic interventions
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Paediatricians
- Report writing for audit measurements
- Providing support and advice to families and carers
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Hold the relevant degree or qualification within Speech Therapy or Speech Pathology
- Hold a valid HCPC and RCSLT registration and an up to date Children’s and Adult’s DBS
- Must have a least 2 years’ experience working in a Paediatric Learning Disabilities service.
If you feel that you are qualified for this position and would like to know more, then please apply today, or contact a member of our team.
- HireVue online interviews
- Advice and support from our team of dedicated and experienced consultants
- Our vacancies offer and true work/life balance
- Daily payroll
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
- Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
- Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.