Pulse is recruiting for a Band 6 Neuro Occupational Therapist to work within a Neuro Rehab team in a well established private practice based in London. The candidate must have specific experience in patient neuro rehabilitation and we will need him/her for an initial period of 2 weeks ( to see if you adapt well to working here) and most likely for a period of 4 to 6 weeks overall.
The candidate would ideally be available to start on 29/08/2017, working on a full time basis 9am-17.15pm. There are regular transport links near by so therefore being a car owner/driver is not essential for this role.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home
- have good experience working with patients with neurological conditions including stroke, head injury, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis & progressive conditions.
- Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
- Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent
- Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities
- Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities
- Home visits, Risk assessment process, Referral to hospital, Discharge planning, Rehabilitation, Short term support, Falls assessments, Short term illness
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
- A relevant degree qualification
- RIO trained with NHS Smartcard
- Previous exposure in a similar environment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Free training
- Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
- HireVue online interviews
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- £300 Recommend a friend bonus scheme
*Terms and Conditions apply*
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply using the application form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.