Are you an empathetic Occupational Therapist with a keen interest in mental health?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Mental Health Occupational Therapist, to join our fantastic client’s rehabilitation clinic based in Berkshire. This vacancy is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours each week in a permanent role.
The Occupational Therapist in post will be working within an adult service, providing specialist assessment and treatment to patients with a range of moderate to complex personality disorders. In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to our patient’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
Duties will include:
• Collaboratively planning and implementing individual and group interventions
• Maintaining accurate patient records, written reports and discharge summaries in accordance with hospital and professional standard
• Effectively communicating with patients, all staff and other agencies (written and spoken)
• Actively implement evidence-based practice
• Participating in peer group events through in-service training
• Actively ensuring regular clinical and managerial supervision.
• Review and reflect on own practice and performance through effective professional and clinical supervision and annual appraisal
• Contribute to planning, development and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy service, and the wider service of Thornford Park
• Provide professional contribution to, and liaison with, clinical teams, associated disciplines and external agencies
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
• A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
• Experience in the field of personality disorder
• Working as a Band 6 or Band 7 OT
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
If you are an Occupational Therapist that has excellent communication and rapport building skills and would like to create a positive change to those with mental health difficulties, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
What you will get:
• Annual salary of £30,000-£37,000
• The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
• Free meals and on-site parking
• Wellbeing support and activities
• Career development and training
• Pension contribution
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.