Our client is now seeking to recruit an experienced Band 5/6 Occupational Therapist to join their innovative NHS trust based in Dorset. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours for an initial 3-month period.
The appointed therapist will be required to perform treatment, assessment within the discharge to assess framework and provide equipment to facilitate independence and safety.
To be considered for this role applying occupational therapists will need:
• HCPC registration
• Relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy
• Previous experience working within a community discharge team
• Valid UK driving licence and access to a personal vehicle
• Business Insurance
Skills and experience needed:
• Discharge planning with a range of patients with fluctuating and life limiting conditions
• Ability to work in a busy environment with constantly changing priorities
• Previous experience of working with palliative care/hospice care – desirable
• Complex handling and moving skills – able to assess patients to get out of bed and sit out
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to develop a rapport with patients
• Good communication skills
• Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• First class support and advice from a dedicated consultant
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
• Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
• HireVue online interviews
• Daily payroll
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.