Are you an enthusiastic and compassionate Occupational Therapist seeking a new role?
Our client is looking for a locum Occupational Therapist to join the Elderly Care team at a well-established service , based in Yorkshire. This is a permanent post which is available to start as soon as possible, offering part time hours each week.
The appointed Occupational Therapist will be responsible for assessing and treating acute inpatients within a medical & care of the elderly acute surge ward setting. Therefore, applying therapists will need to have experience in discharge planning from an acute hospital setting, to be considered for the role.
Therapist’s applying for this role must have:
- HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
- A relevant degree/qualification within Occupational Therapy
- Knowledge of specialist equipment
- Experience of working within a similar NHS setting
- Good communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box
Duties within this role will include:
- Managing a clinical caseload
- Writing accurate and detailed reports on patient progress
- Working as part as a multidisciplinary team
- Discharge planning
- Assessments and provision of hoists and slings
- Devising care plans with family members and/or carers
- Develop rehabilitation programs to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- 25 days holiday (plus stats 34 days) pro rota
- Exemplar rewards - childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program.
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.