Our client is looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the Elderly Care Medical team at a well-established NHS trust, based in North London. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours per week for an initial 3-month period.
You will be responsible for assessing and treating acute inpatients within a medical & care of the elderly acute surge ward setting.
The successful candidate will also need to have experience in discharge planning from an acute hospital setting, to be considered for the role.
Duties within this role may include:
- Managing a clinical caseload
- Writing accurate and detailed reports on patient progress
- Working as part as a multidisciplinary team
- Discharge planning
- Assessments and provision of hoists and slings
- Devising care plans with family members and/or carers
- Develop rehabilitation programs to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
Skills and experience needed:
- Knowledge of specialist equipment
- The relevant degree/qualifications
- Experience of working within a similar role
- HCPC registration
If you feel you are suited to this role, please apply today or contact our team for more information.
Benefits of locum work:
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
- Expand your skill set more quickly
- Flexible hours of work
- Online interviews via HireVue
- First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
- iPoint – Electronic Timesheet smartphone app
- Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
- Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.