Our client is looking for a band 5 Occupational Therapist to join the Elderly Care Medical team at a well-established NHS trust, based in Leicestershire. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering both full and part time hours for an initial 3-month period with view to extend.
You will be responsible for assessing and treating elderly inpatients often with complex multifactorial medical problems within a community hospital-based setting, with some access visits required.
The successful candidate will also need to have experience in discharge planning from a hospital setting, to be considered for the role.
The pay rates shown are for Umbrella payment method. The PAYE equivalent will be £11-£16 per hour.
Duties within this role will include:
- Managing a clinical caseload
- Writing accurate and detailed reports on patient progress
- Working as part as a multidisciplinary team
- Discharge planning
- Assessments and provision of hoists and slings
- Devising care plans with family members and/or carers
- Develop rehabilitation programs to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
Skills and experience needed:
- Knowledge of specialist equipment
- The relevant degree/qualifications
- Experience of working within a similar role
- HCPC registration
In return, Pulse can offer you:
- Support and advice from our team of friendly and dedicated consultants
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- HireVue online interviews
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomists
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector (which is not affected by IR35)
*terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.