Pulse is now seeking to recruit an experienced Band 5 Physiotherapist to join our client’s well-established NHS trust based in Greater Manchester. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours per week for an initial 2 months.
The successful physiotherapist will provide assessments and the treatment of Acute Inpatients in a general hospital and potentially patients stepped down from hospital to community beds. Applying physiotherapists must have experience of working within an acute inpatient setting to be considered for the role.
The purpose of this job is:
• To provide a high standard of service to physiotherapy specialities based at WWL
• To act as a source of knowledge on the management of your current caseload and provide an advisory service to patients, relatives, physiotherapists, other healthcare professionals and to assistants and physiotherapy students.
• To take a role in the assessment and treatment of patients within the speciality and to provide good quality physiotherapy treatment.
• To maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.
• To hold responsibility for your own case load and be responsible for a defined area of the service or a particular patient type, working with supervision. Supervision may take the form of regular formal training and clinical reasoning sessions, peer review and case conferences. Access to advice and support from a senior physiotherapist is available if required, clinical work is routinely evaluated.
• To assist the team in planning, co-ordinating, delivering and evaluating the physiotherapy service.
• To participate in the education and training of physiotherapists, other health professionals and physiotherapy students in the management of physiotherapy conditions.
Skills and experience needed:
• Member of the HCPC
• Moving and handling experience, using equipment as required
• Degree in Physiotherapy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of clinical conditions and discharge planning
• HireVue online interviews
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
• First class support and advice from your allocated consultant
• Daily payroll
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
• Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Physiotherapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours. *
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.