We currently have a fantastic opening for Team Leader to join Residential Support Worker team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people. The aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional well-being of the children/young people, and assist in their positive holistic development and resilience.
You will be responsible for effectively and efficiently delivering the main responsibilities and key result areas within the Team Leader role. To ensure effective service delivery with a view to supporting the positive development of the children/young people, staff, service and organisation
Main Duties include:
- Actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the children/young people.
- Report immediately any unsafe practices and conditions.
- Ensure the ongoing assessment of children and young people’s needs in day to day practice.
- Actively engage children and young people using a range of strategies in order to promote prosocial behaviour.
- Through individual practice, and the effective management of a team, actively support the positive holistic development of the children/young people within the home.
- Ensure all staff practice is in line with the children and young people’s Care and Placement Plans
- Assist the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of Residential Support Workers.
- Oversee, supervise, appraise, and develop the skills of staff in their working practice.
- Take responsibility for the effective and efficient running of shifts including the planning and facilitation of activities.
- Ensure effective service delivery in line with the policies and procedures of the home and the Company.
- Ensure the delivery of all key worker areas and responsibilities including the delivery of direct work.
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements ensuring compliance with policy and regulation..
- Where required attend reviews and or meetings.
- Oversee, write and edit all reports when submitted for meetings and reviews.
- Where required deputise in the absence of the management of the home.
- At all times promote and ensure anti discriminatory practice.
- Undertake all relevant training as and when required.
- Co-operate with the Company in complying with the Health and Safety requirements and are therefore follow Company policies
- Take responsibility for having sound working knowledge of policy and procedure including Safeguarding, Fire, and Health and Safety Procedures at your place of work.
You Must have:
- NVQ level 3 qualified CYP
- Strong background in supporting children with EBD
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Driver with own transport
- Some basic management experience – looking to progress
- Sleeping in / shift work, including evenings and weekends on a rota system.
- Basic salary dependent on experience plus sleeps
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.