We currently have a job opportunity for a Forensic Social Worker in Surrey to work within a large Private Organisation. This is a contract position on a full time basis paying up to £28.
- To manage a caseload of service users that are considered to require specialist forensic mental health input due to the risk they pose to others.
- To work in close collaboration with other members of the Multi-disciplinary team, within the CPA framework and to agree local and national standards.
- To ensure that nursing practice is in accordance with the standards of proficiency set out by the Health Care Professionals Council and relevant Mental Health Legislation, which incorporates and respects differences of gender, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, culture or disability.
- To ensure that continuity of care is maintained and that appropriate and timely plans are made for the discharge of clients from the inpatient faculties ensuring Section 117 and CPA responsibilities are discharged.
- To act as a social supervisor for restricted patients, providing high quality and timely reports to the Ministry of Justice and the tribunal office as requested.
- To provide and evaluate treatment interventions including medication management, physical observations and psycho-social interventions in line with Trust guidelines.
- To provide facilitation of groups including health promotion, well-being and those designed to address the offending needs of service users.
- To provide joint assessments and ongoing joint work with generic mental health teams where there is a forensic component to the service user’s presentation.
- To undertake forensic risk assessments and participate in any training required in this area.
You must have:
- You must have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA / MA Social Work / DipSW or equivalent), be professionally registered HCPC, and be eligible to work in the UK
- RiO training desired
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Care Programme approach and the Single Assessment Process.
- Enhanced DBS
- All applicants must have at least 2 years recent post qualifying experience working within the UK in the relevant field
- Free access to our online social work training
- Daily Payroll
- Access to many exclusive roles
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer successfully placed
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.