Are you a HCPC registered social worker, looking for a new opportunity to work within a dedicated children and adolescent service?
We are working alongside a client that has recently opened a brand new purpose-built unit, and are looking for a social worker to become an integral part of their multi-disciplinary team. This service offers high quality services to female and male patients from 12-18 years with mental health diagnosis. The conditions they cover include mood disorders, emerging personality disorder, self-harm, bipolar disorder, psychosis and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). As a Social Worker working in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) your main duties will be:
• Provide social work input to the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of patients within the service
• Undertake pre-admission assessments as part of the hospital team and particularly where social care issues appear prominent
• Contribute to rehabilitation planning for patients moving through the care pathway to less restrictive environments
• Taking the lead role on within the Hospital in relation to child protection issues
• Providing support and advice in the respect of the Children Act in addition to the Mental Health Act with particular emphasis on safeguarding, advocating and discharge planning
• Attending and participating in clinical team meetings, Mental Health Review Tribunals and management meetings
• Providing written and or verbal report to Child Protection Case Conferences and other related Children Act proceedingsThe successful candidate will have experience in the following;
• Recognised professional qualification in Social Work
• Registered with HCPC
• Detailed knowledge of safeguarding legislation, policies and procedures
• Skilled in developing positive relationships with external and internal departments, family, carers and other stakeholders
• Able to work as part of a team
• Able to use regular supervision and training to reflect on practice and develop new skills
• Have proven knowledge of relevant legislation including Mental Health Act 1983/2007 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 as it relates to social workers.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.