Pulse is now seeking a Qualified Social Worker based in Surrey, to join a highly specialised adult social care team for substance misuse. Working within a dynamic social work team, you will have good assessment and risk management skills. You will be provided with good support from colleagues and managers to help you meet the challenges of the post.
As a Senior Social Worker in the substance misuse service you will have experience of working with substance misuse and an excellent understanding of social care, as well as good assessment and risk management skills. You will work as part of the integrated team championing the social care agenda. You will be expected to work flexibly and support the team promoting self-directed support for service users and carers who are eligible for services.
- Hold the relevant degree and HCPC registration
- Have substantial post qualifying experience
- Can demonstrate your knowledge and understating of the relevant legislation, policy and best practise
- You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting
- An applied knowledge of The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries is essential alongside experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a range of interventions
What are the benefits?
- Highly competitive salary up to £40,000
- 24 days annual leave
- This can offer a great work life balance, working Monday – Friday
- Local government salary-related pension offered
- Discounted child care vouchers
- Car lease scheme
- Genuine investment and career development plans
- Excellent training and induction
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.