Purpose of the Job:
To identify individual needs through assessment. To plan and design individual care plans to meet those needs. To ensure the delivery of services identified in care plans. To ensure that regular monitoring and review of care plans is carried out.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To manage a caseload which includes vulnerable users and / or those with complex problems, taking action where necessary to protect the users and others in emergency situations.
• To make appropriate assessments of individual’s social care needs, within specified time limits and in collaboration with health and other relevant agencies, taking into consideration the wishes of individuals and their carers.
• To plan relevant responses to meet individual needs in collaboration with relatives, carers, advocates and representatives, and in consultation with health and other agencies.
• To secure the delivery, within the financial resources available, of services to meet assessed needs.
• To maintain an effective system for co-ordinating, monitoring and reviewing care plans and service standards; to identify gaps in services and to advise the Line Manager accordingly.
• To maintain a range of costed resource information accessible to users, carers and other colleagues.
• To respond professionally to requests for assistance, taking sufficient basic information about the needs in question so as to be able to determine the level and type of assessment required.
• To maintain up to date case records in line with national and local policies, practices and procedures and to write reports to a professional standard that inform Management.
• To inform the Line Manager of specific needs which cannot be met due to unavailability of resources or because of inadequate financial provision.
• To fulfil duties within budget limits laid down by the Council and departmental policy and to spend within the Financial Regulations and Standing Orders of the Council.
Job Activities – Undertake Assessments
• To carry out and take a lead role in the assessment of need, and where appropriate to manage the involvement of other professionals in specialist aspects of such assessments.
• To ensure that assessments pay particular attention to individual strengths and weaknesses.
• To ensure that assessment and care plans take into account the view of users and their carers and that both users and carers are enabled to participate in the assessment process.
• To liaise with other specialists and agencies as necessary and enable them to be involved in and make contributions to the assessment process.
Job Activity – Develop Care Plans
• To negotiate with users, carers and appropriate others concerning the means by which identified needs should be met.
• To ensure that the care plan includes a clear statement of agreed aims for each service / resource to be provided, together with clear specifications for each service provider.
• To assist users and carers to play a full part in the care management process by extending to them advice, support and guidance. This can include counselling, and access to translation, interpretation or advocacy services.
Job Activities – Implement Care Plans
• To be responsible for the implementation of the care plan once agreements have been reached and to ensure the relevant parties have a copy thereof.
• To ensure that there is adequate co-ordination of services.
• Job Activities – Review and Monitoring
• To ensure that adequate arrangements are made for monitoring cases where a care plan is in operation.
• To review, in collaboration with users, carers and service providers, the progress of each care plan at regular, predetermined intervals in order to ensure that the care package remains relevant to changing needs.
• To provide information and advice about social care and other related services available to adults.
Additional General Responsibilities:
• To participate in office duty arrangements.
• To receive regular supervision from your Line Manager.
• To provide your Line Manager with statistical and other relevant management information in manual and computerised form.
• To carry out other duties appropriate to the grade as may be required by the department.
• To promote and enhance co-operation and effective working relationships between professional colleagues and agencies.
• To carry out all the above duties in line with the spirit of the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy, and in a way which takes heed of the ethnic and cultural diversity of the local community.
• To take responsibility appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
• To work outside of normal working hours as and when required.
You MUST have…
• You must have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA / MA Social Work / DipSW or equivalent), be professionally registered HCPC, and be eligible to work in the UK.
• Enhanced DBS
• All applicants must have at least 2 years recent post qualifying experience working within the UK in the relevant field.
• You must be a car driver
In return Pulse can offer…
• A dedicated experienced consultant with extensive social work knowledge who will provide full support and guidance throughout your recruitment process.
• Access to a variety of jobs throughout the UK.
• Competitive rates of pay, giving PAYE/Limited and Umbrella options
• DAILY Payroll so you never miss a payment.
• Referral bonus scheme - £250 per placement
• Preferred supplier to over 150 frameworks across the UK.
• Pulse has proudly been ranked in the Sunday Times '100 Best Companies to work for' for 3 years running.
• We have our own DBS (formerly CRB) umbrella body, including faster online DBS applications.
• We’re available around the clock every day of the year – and we don’t use a call centre, so every call goes directly to a member of the appropriate team.
• Pulse is committed to helping the wider community where possible. See who we have selected for our chosen charity this year click here
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.