ICS is one of the UK’s leading healthcare staffing providers. Our aim, which underpins everything we do, is to be the first choice for health, life sciences and social care professionals and clients. Our recent achievements have seen us outperform our main competitors with strong growth across each of our markets.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Group Development and Testing Manager to join our successful and growing IT Department. This role can be based in either London or Birmingham within our City Centre offices.
What will you be doing:
- Responsible for the day to day management of our team of Developers and Testers based across Hertfordshire, Bristol and Birmingham.
- Definition, design and delivery of Group-wide IT Development & Testing services covering mobile, online, app and legacy/in-house solutions
- Governance, Change/Release management and Development standards across the different IT Development/Testing teams
- Communication between IT Development and key Senior Stakeholders on the delivery of key solutions & targets
- Champion and implement best-practice methodologies and processes to underpin robust IT Development & Testing services
- Alignment with Digital Transformation Team and their role as “Voice of the Customer”
- Delivery of high-quality though agile IT Development & Testing services
- Line Management of the multi-location, multi-skilled Group wide IT Development & Testing teams
- Recruitment, planning & tracking the development budget and internal resource planning
- Alignment with Group IT projects team and their pipeline of projects and required solutions and associated resources
- Ensuring all solutions delivered are stable, scalable and supportable across all access devices
- Role will be reporting directly to the CIO
The successful candidate will have:
- Deep knowledge of modern development tools, APIs and techniques, emerging technologies and strategies
- Experience of leading large scale digital programmes and large delivery teams
- Experience working with Agile methods & processes and using industry standard Development tools
- Experience of using both in-house and Cloud platforms e.g AWS
- Experience of using both in-house Development/Testing services as well as outsourced Development/Testing services
- The ability to talk about complex technical issues in both technical and non-technical speak
- Ability to absorb complex technical and commercial information, combined with a willingness to learn new and novel frameworks and architectures
- Good at prioritisation and decision-making
- Experience building very high performant and resilient solutions
- An excellent communicator
- Ability to coach and improve existing staff
- Experience in the Development & Testing in a medium to large scale enterprise
This is a permanent full time position with the option to be based at either our London or Birmingham Offices with some travel required to other sites in Bristol and Hertfordshire when required.
What we can offer you
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, excellent benefits which include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays which increase with years of service, company pension scheme where we match your contribution up to 5%, Private Healthcare at Family Level Cover, a fantastic team atmosphere and a clear pathway for career progression. This is a role which has lots of opportunity to progress.
The ICS Group is widely recognised as a great employer, repeatedly appearing in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels. If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of a key business function, where you can push your career forward in a company that continues to grow year on year, then contact us now with your current CV to apply.
The ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.