An experienced and motivated consultant psychiatrist is required to join the established multidisciplinary team at Rhodes Wood Hospital in Hatfield.
The hospital provides care for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders or with learning disabilities who require residential care, working on tailored treatment programmes designed for the individual needs of each young person. You will be working at a ward at the service that provides an evidence based and focused treatment programme which works toward young people and their families being able to normalise eating behaviours and restore physical health.
- Review referrals and determine appropriateness for admission
- Conduct Admission assessment and ensure effective management plans of all patients on the unit
- Conduct risk assessment and review regularly
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments in line with individual need
- Assess physical health - taking special responsibility for medical issues/medically
- Supervising and directing the work of other staff who treat the patients.
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring teams.
- Facilitating regular CPA review meeting
- Act as Responsible Clinicians for patients detained under the Mental Health Act.
- To provide on-call service and ensure the provision of medical cover to the unit at all times.
- Registered on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a licence to practise.
- Experience of CAMHS eating disorders desirable
Some of the benefits the company offer include:
- Highly competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Medical Protection Society membership
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities