We are working on a national project to support the COVID-19 testing programme, which requires support from professionals. You will be based in a fixed location, providing a nasal/throat swab on the public.
The sites currently available (subject to change) are based in London and the surrounding areas, as well as the Manchester area.
All sites will be running 7 days per week, with shifts ranging from 7.5 to 12 hours per day depending on the site location. Shifts will be booked in 2 weeks blocks and we are looking for candidates who can ideally offer a minimum of 4 days per week but can accommodate up to 7 days per week availability. This project is currently set to run for the foreseeable future.
You will be located on site and be required to undertake nose and throat swabs on the public. There will be nursing on site to supervise and oversee the swab tests. A range of tests will be provided to the public and you will be given full information on all tests on your first day. Swab testing sites may be located outside/within car parks so please bear in mind you may be required to work outside for long periods of the day.In order to be considered for the position you must have the following:
• Basic Knowledge of Infection prevention and control
• Healthcare background and experience
• Confident in administering nasal and throat swabs
• Enhanced DBS dated within the last 3 years – you must be able to provide a copy of the certificate
• Provide a minimum of 1x professional reference demonstrating your healthcare experienceThe following professions can be considered:
• Healthcare Assistant
• Rehab Support Worker
• Assistant OT
• Assistant SALT
• Pharmacy Assistant
• Pharmacy TechnicianBenefits of locum work:
• Daily payroll
• Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
• Expand your skill set more quickly
• Flexible hours of workWhy Pulse?
• Online interviews via HireVue
• First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
• iPoint – Electronic Timesheet smartphone app
• Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
• Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.