Are you looking for a new challenge to take the lead on the clinical side of a well-established service?
We are working with a client that specialises in offering dedicated services for patients with conditions such as; acquired or traumatic brain injury, Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease and spinal injury.
As the Quality Lead you will become an integral part of the multi-disciplinary leadership team and take responsibility for developing and delivering the highest quality of care to patients and their families. Leading and managing the quality agenda to ensure patients receive care that is safe, effective, responsive, caring and well led. Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Leading and continually improving quality across the service, ensuring it is embedded as day-to-day responsibility of all members of staff
• Promoting a culture of openness and responsiveness, a philosophy of person-centred care and recovery, and an ethos of positive learning from incidents within a high performing service
• Balancing the philosophy with a passion for co-ordinating and leading patient safety
• Working with the Unit Managers and taking responsibility for leading and advancing clinical practice in the hospital
• Providing regular review and analysis of multi-disciplinary care and treatment
• Providing on-call clinical advice to the team, as requiredThe successful candidate will have experience in the below;
• Educated to degree level in nursing or other healthcare professional qualification
• Evidence continuing professional development relating to specialty
• Able to provide demonstrable experience of taking charge of a department, managing people and financial resources
• Have an in-depth knowledge of the clinical governance agenda including health and safety, clinical risk issues and quality initiatives
• Critical, analytical and decision making skills
• Able to understand and contextualise complex information for dissemination to all levels across the service
• Be in possession of excellent interpersonal skills
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.