Functional Assessor – Registered Medical Practitioner
Salary £72,000 per annum + benefits
Location – Shrewsbury
Pulse is working alongside a leading provider of occupational health, primary care and capability assessment services across. You will be working to make a positive difference to the health and wellbeing of thousands of people across the UK.
If you are looking for a Monday - Friday position within office hours, we want to hear from you!
We have vacancies for GMC registered doctors to join our teams across Shrewsbury. Working as a functional assessor you will be undertaking face-to-face medical assessments and examinations required for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team.
We are keen to speak with registered doctors from any specialty. Full training within this role will be provided.
- This role will involve a combination of file-work assessment (which is assessing medical evidence in a written or electronic format)
- Face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP.
Part of your role will also be to analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
- GMC registration
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience FY2 or above– across any specialty
- It is essential that the candidate is IT literate with desirable experience of using a range of software
You will be actively contributing to the commercial relationships between this healthcare provider and the DWP at a local level, ensuring that targets are met in quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Regular working hours
- Contributory stakeholder pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Employee and family private medical cover
- Life assurance
- Health and wellbeing benefits
In turn, applicants will be working for a large and supportive organisation with strong relationship with government organisations.
For an informal chat about this post and more information you can call Louis on 0207 959 1102 or email Louis.EnglandCrowder@pulsejobs.com.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.