Registering with the Health and Care Professions Council
To practise in the UK as an occupational therapist, operating department practitioner (ODP), physiotherapist, practitioner psychologist, or speech therapist, you need to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
There are professional standards that all HCPC registrants must meet in order to register and remain registered.View list of professions
How to apply
The application process is straightforward and doesn’t take long to complete.
- Complete and submit your application.
- There is a cost of £495 which is only taken if your application is put forward to processing; it is not taken immediately
- Initial processing is done within four weeks of receipt
- Your application will be sent to two assessors within 60 working days of receipt.
- You can find out more information by clicking here. Alternatively, you can seek support via email at email@example.com or via phone (Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm):
- UK calls: 0300 500 4472
- International calls: +44 (0)20 7582 5460
Why work in the UK
With its prestigious NHS, culture, music and arts, along with its proximity to the rest of Europe, the UK is the best place to further your career.
Eligible visas for working in the UK
There are many different types of visa that allow you to practice in the UK. See what’s best for your circumstances.
Support and guidance
Whatever stage of the journey you’re at, we’re on hand to offer the support and guidance you need to succeed.
Register with Pulse
By registering with Pulse today, you’ll gain access to jobs instantly. You also have the option to get in touch with one of our specialist recruiters who can guide you through your job search to help you find your perfect role. We are experts in the healthcare industry which helps us to understand your requirements and provide tailored solutions that fit your needs.
Not what you’re looking for?
Search our jobs
We have thousands of healthcare jobs waiting for you, including many that are exclusive to Pulse.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Want to talk?
Simply request a call back and we’ll be in touch at a time that suits you.