Gaining professional body registration

To work as a healthcare professional in the UK, you must register with the professional registration body that is relevant to your specialism. To find out more about the professional body that applies to you, as well as the process, please click on the relevant option below.

General Medical Council (GMC)

The General Medical Council is the regulatory body for doctors working in the UK.

Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)

The HCPC is the regulatory body for occupational therapists, ODPs, physiotherapists, psychologists and speech therapists.

Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)

The Nursing and Midwifery Council is the regulatory body for nurses, midwives and nursing associates in the UK.

More information on moving to the UK

Why work in the UK

With its prestigious NHS, culture, music and arts, along with its proximity to the rest of Europe, the UK is the best place to further your career.

Eligible visas for working in the UK

There are many different types of visa that allow you to practice in the UK. See what’s best for your circumstances.

Support and guidance

Whatever stage of the journey you’re at, we’re on hand to offer the support and guidance you need to succeed.

Want to talk?

Our dedicated team of recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with whatever support you need. You can find our contact information below; we look forward to speaking to you.

Get in touch with the team

Register with Pulse

By registering with Pulse today, you’ll gain access to the latest jobs instantly. You also have the option to get in touch with one of our specialist recruiters who can guide you through your job search to help you find your perfect role. We are experts in the healthcare industry which helps us to understand your requirements and provide tailored solutions that fit your needs.