How it works
How HireVue works
HireVue is the name of the software we use to video interview our candidates. If you’re happy to be interviewed via video, all you’ll need is an internet connection and a device capable of recording video, such as a smart phone, tablet or web cam.
Video interviews are not live – that is, they do not take place in ‘real time’ like, for example, a Skype or Facetime call. Instead, we’ll send you a link to a video containing a set of pre-recorded questions, and you’ll record your answers. HireVue will notify us once you’ve answered them.
This makes the interview process a whole lot easier and much less nerve-wracking. You can record your responses literally any time you choose, over the course of a day or two, or all in one go. Also, you have two opportunities to answer each question so if you’re not happy with your first attempt, you can have another go
When you apply to register with us, we’ll give you the option to complete an on-demand video interview. If you agree to take the video interview, this is what will happen next:
- You’ll receive an email invitation from Pulse, containing a link to the online interview
- Clicking on the link will take you to HireVue’s online platform where you will see important information about your interview, including the number of questions and duration
- HireVue will check that your recording equipment is working correctly
- You’ll see a short introduction video from Pulse that explains the interview process
- You’ll have the chance to do a practice question before starting the interview, which you can replay to yourself (no-one else will see this)
- Questions are given in video and written format. You’ll have 30 seconds to get ready and three minutes to respond, although you don’t need to use up all this time. You can pause before each question and return later via the link in your email invitation. The interview will typically take 20-30 minutes to complete.
- Our team will review your answers. We’ll be in touch once we’ve completed the evaluation
Visit our FAQs for more information.