We are currently recruiting for an Independant Reviewing Officer to work within the Kent region. Our client is paying rates up to £38 per hour, depending on experience.
As an authoritative professional, the Independent Reviewing Officer is required to act as Independent Chair at statutory review meetings for Looked after Children with the accountability for ensuring that the correct decisions and recommendations are made when planning, regulating and providing guidance in the formulation and review of individual care plans.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Chair multi-agency Care Plan Review Meetings for Children in Care according to County priorities
- Maintaining an independent perspective in conjunction with Service and Team Manager
- Ensure that Care Plans are set out and followed through, and that each child is reviewed in accordance with statutory obligations.
- Additionally, when required, chair initial Child in Need Reviews, Child Protection Conferences and complex strategy meetings as part of the combined IRO/CP Chair service.
- To lead and participate in case audits on the quality of child care work, analysing and challenging practice, identifying gaps and developing strategies for addressing shortfalls.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of the annual Business Plan, identifying agreed targets and outcomes and mechanisms for effective service delivery and performance indicator standards to ensure consistent high quality service.
- Respond to situations of crisis and emergency by co-ordinating service provision with internal and external partners.
You must have:
- Relevant Social Work qualification
- Be registered with the HCPC
- be eligible to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS
- All applicants must have at least 2 years recent post qualifying experience working within the UK in the relevant field
- You must be a car driver
- Free access to our online social work training
- Daily Payroll
- Access to many exclusive roles
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer successfully placed
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.