We are currently seeking qualified Social Workers to join our client’s child protection service based in Surrey. This role will be available for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible, working full time hours for an initial 3 month period with view to extend.
The social workers in post will work in teams with asylum seeking children to establish their age and ensure they are receiving the correct care. Therefore, it is essential that applying candidates have previous experience in child protection and age assessments to be considered for this role.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be a qualified Social Worker with child protection and safeguarding experience
- Have DBS clearance
- Minimum 3 years post qualifying experience within Children Statutory Service
- Be trained and have experience in Merton-compliant age assessments
- Be capable of operating at the reception centres – access to a car would be desirable.
Benefits of locum work:
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
- Expand your skill set more quickly
- Flexible hours of work
- Online interviews via HireVue
- First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
- iPoint – Electronic Timesheet smartphone app
- Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
- Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal Social Worker?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.