Pulse is seeking a Social Worker to join our clients well-established hospital that is based in Staffordshire. The candidate appointed will be joining their Child and Adolescent Mental Health service for people aged 12 – 18 with a range of mental health disorders, so previous experience within this area is essential.
This is an exciting and dynamic role which will place you at the heart of the clinical team, working closely with patients and other healthcare professionals. The hospital is situated close by to the motorway and there is also free parking for staff.
Main duties will be:
• To provide social work input to the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of patients within the service
• To undertake pre-admission assessments as part of the hospital team and particularly where social care issues appear prominent
• To contribute to rehabilitation planning for patients moving through the care pathway to less restrictive environments
• Taking the lead role on within the Hospital in relation to child protection issues
• Providing support and advice in the respect of the Children Act in addition to the Mental Health Act regarding; safeguarding, advocating and discharge planning
• Attending and participating in clinical team meetings, Mental Health Review Tribunals and management meetings
• Providing written and or verbal report to Child Protection Case Conferences and other related Children Act proceedings
• ·A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Free parking on site
• Company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• A range of staff discounts
If you feel you are suited to this role, please apply using the form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.