We are seeking an experienced Social Worker to fulfill a 6 month contract in a AMHP team in the Essex To apply for this role you MUST have previous post qualified experience in Adult Social Care.
You will be responsible for working in the new Area AMHP Hub and undertaking MHA assessments and other allocated work in relation to service users with a range of mental health problems and engage with their carers so that, within the legislation, appropriate action is taken.
- To lead and be responsible for the co-ordination of the Mental Health Act Assessment liaising closely with other professionals and involved others.
- To make applications for detention under the Mental Health Act and fully record and communicate reasons for decisions making and outcomes to AMHP Service, admitting hospitals, community services, agencies, service users, carer, relatives etc.
- To assess service users detained on Nurses and Doctors holding powers or held in places of safety under Section 135 and 136.
- To consult nearest relatives when Treatment or Guardianship Applications are made and to inform relatives when Assessment Applications are made
- If an application for detention is not made, to ensure there is appropriate follow-up in the community and that all relevant parties are informed.
- To refer identified carers, including young children, to appropriate statutory services for assessment of their needs
- To work appropriately independently in all areas of AMHP work and making sound professional decisions of the highest standard within the framework of Schedule 2 of the AMHP Competences.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.