Senior Social Worker is expected to manage a complex workload in Transition Team, work with young people in Education that are transitioning to Adult Services and leaving school. The post holder will be involved in Developing Education, Health and Care Plans in line with the new ways of working as outlined in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice, 0-24, 2014. This will be fulfield by attending Person Centred Reviews in schools for an allocated cohort of young people. The Senior Social Worker will also be involved in professionally supervise and support Transition Advisers/ Preparing for Adulthood Officers and other social care staff in Transition Team.
The Senior Social Worker has to have an excellent understanding and work experieece in Adults Safeguarding work and have relevant LD experience within Adult Social Care.
The Senior Social Worker is expected to deputise in Team Manager absence.
The Team sits within Adult Social Care but works with young people from age of 14 up to 25 years old.
- Excellent understanding of Safeguarding work in Adult Social Care
- Excellent assessment skills, evidence of outcome focused work and person centred work
- Good supervision skills and ability to deputise in Team Manager absence
- Excellent understanding of work related to Learning Disabilities and the relevant legislation in this area including the new SEN Code of Practice related to Education Health and Care Plans
- Ability to manage own caseload and others workload in an efficient and effective way
- Have a relevant Social Work qualification
- Be registered with the HCPC
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS
- All applicants must have at least 2 years recent post qualifying experience
- You must be a car driver
- Free access to our online social work training
- Daily Payroll
- Access to many exclusive roles
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer successfully placed
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.