Pulse have a new opportunity for a Senior Social Worker who has previous forensic experience to join our clients service located in Surrey. This is a permanent role which is available for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible and work full time hours each week.
The post holder will provide support service users who have been detained under the Mental Health Act. As a senior member of staff, you will take a lead role within multidisciplinary teams for adult and children safeguarding, as well as supervise colleagues and support them by delivering the occasional safeguarding training session.
Duties within this role may include:
• Supporting forensic patients detained under the Mental Health Act
• Conducting assessments on current social situations and the impact they may have on patient recovery and mental health
• Working within a multi-disciplinary team, taking on a lead role for the safeguarding of adults and children.
• Supervising junior members of staff and providing occasional safeguarding training
• Liaise with external agencies
• Support patients in working towards discharge.
To apply you must have:
• At least 2 years’ experience working within mental health
• Have a good knowledge of relevant legislation
• Work well within a multidisciplinary team
• HCPC or Social Work England registration
Benefits of locum work:
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
- Expand your skill set more quickly
- Flexible hours of work
- Online interviews via HireVue
- First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
- iPoint – Electronic Timesheet smartphone app
- Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
- Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal Social Worker?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.