Pulse have a new opportunity for a Senior Social Worker who has previous forensic experience to join our clients service located in Berkshire. This is a permanent role which is available for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible and work full time hours each week.
The post holder will provide support for up to 24 service users who have been detained under the Mental Health Act. As a senior member of staff you will take a lead role within multidisciplinary teams for adult and children safeguarding, as well as supervise colleagues and support them by delivering the occasional safeguarding training session.
Duties within this role may include:
- Supporting up to 24 forensic patients detained under the Mental Health Act
- Conducting assessments on current social situations and the impact they may have on patient recovery and mental health
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, taking on a lead role for the safeguarding of adults and children.
- Supervising junior members of staff and providing occasional safeguarding training
- Liaise with external agencies
- Support patients in working towards discharge.
To apply you must have:
- At least 2 years’ experience working within mental health
- Have a good knowledge of relevant legislation
- Work well within a multidisciplinary team
- HCPC or Social Work England registration
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.