A superb opening available to join an experienced team as a Residential Support Worker, offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people. The aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional well-being of the children/young people, and assist in their positive holistic development and resilience.
- You will be responsible for actively safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children/young people in the home.
- Be required to promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home and support the young people with their day to day activities.
- You will work as part of a Team to provide, flexible, creative, outcomes focused supports and guidance to vulnerable young people to enable them to prepare for independent living.
- To actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the children/young people.
- To report immediately any unsafe practices and conditions.
- To promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home.
- Provide a positive role model for the young people, presenting oneself in a highly professional manner.
- Work in line with young peoples’ care and placement plans.
- As required work with young people on intervention strategies to promote pro-social behaviour.
- To undertake the role of a key worker for children/young people, deliver direct and individual work to children/young people and support young people in project and group work.
- Provide and participate in leisure activities in line with the care and placement plans of the young people.
- Work in partnership with colleagues, other agencies and professionals to meet the needs young people.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, children/young people and families.
You must be:
- NVQ level 2/3 qualified within CYP
- Car driver with own transport
- Salary depending on experience and qualifications – £16000 basic plus sleeps
- Average 37.5 hours per week with 1-2 sleeps
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.