Pulse is seeking to recruit an experienced social worker to join our client’s Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities acute service, based in London. The role is available to start as soon as possible on a part-time basis.
The service provides a secure and safe environment for adults who have suffered an acute deterioration or relapse in their mental wellbeing.
Main duties will be:
• Providing social work support to the adults within the service and their families
• To be responsible for social work assessments and the provision of reports to the team and external agencies
• To be fully involved in the multi-disciplinary team, providing advice regarding the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, other relevant legislation and discharge planning
• To work with the responsible clinicians providing a lead on issues relating to mental capacity and best interest decisions
• To have an active involvement in the planning, preparation and co-ordination of discharge, including contact with families, significant others and any relevant agencies Benefits:
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• A range of staff discounts
• Opportunities for training and development
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.