We currently have 2 fantastic job opportunities for Deputy Managers in the Hampshire region.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who hold NVQ3 as well as/or a degree. To qualify you must have evidence that you have worked in a senior position in a residential care home and that you have the leadership and managerial skills to co-manage a home to deliver outstanding Ofsted outcomes. You will have a sound knowledge of therapeutic approaches and how to work within strict programme boundaries. As a member of the management team you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the home ensuring continued compliance with relevant legislation. Providing leadership and guidance to the staff team, ensuring that a positive example is set at all times
- Taking part in Managers meetings
- Leading the team, providing focus, motivation, dedication and commitment and ensuring a consistent approach is maintained by your team at all times in line with the company ethos
- Ensuring the home meets and exceeds Ofsted standards aspiring to achieve a minimum of an ‘Outstanding’ rating in all areas.
- Ensuring that the young people receive the highest standard of care and support to meet their diverse needs
- Ensuring that Residential Workers receive supervision within set timescales but also feel supported and valued outside of these times
- Implementing rigorous safeguarding procedures ensuring that as far as possible young people are kept safe from harm
- Promoting and supporting young people’s education and informal learning outside of school hours and are encouraged to try a wide range of experiences and can safely engage with the local community
- Providing leadership and guidance to the staff team, ensuring that a positive example is set at all times
You must have:
- 1 year’s relevant experience in a supervisory post for the Deputy Managers role
- QCF Level 3 - Children and Young People or NVQ Level 3 - Children and Young People or equivalent
- A flexible approach to working hours (with ability to work hours to needs of the business) and provide an on call out of hours service
- A commitment to the goals of the organisation as a whole
- Full clean driving license held for at least 1 year
- This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS and references
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Leadership qualities
- The ability to develop and promote positive working relationships with individual service users, their family and professional colleagues
- A positive attitude to change
- The ability to deal effectively with crises/emergencies
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.