Consultant Social Worker – MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Team) – East Berkshire – Up to £47,000 (dependent on experience)
My client in Berkshire is currently recruiting for a Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Consultant Social Worker with Assessment experience.
As a Consultant Social Worker you will be highly focused and committed to best practices and senior driving force behind the constant improvement of the Children’s Services of the area.
You will be working closely with other passionate, experienced, and service driven colleagues from managers, social workers through to professionals from other agencies. As a daily duty you will be encouraged to spearhead the implementation of theory and research in front-line practice, helping to build on the strong track record of service delivery.
Benefits of working as a Consultant Social Worker in the MASH team include:
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Retention bonus after a year of service
- Market supplement bonus (above 10% of salary)
- Clear career progression
- Chance to mentor and supervise
- Childcare Vouchers
- Supermarket/Retail Discounts
- Interesting and varied role.
- Structured support in place from experienced and senior social workers in the team.
- Flexible working schemes / job shares and term-time work available
The successful MASH Social Worker will have experience of:
- Working closely Assessment and Safeguarding team.
- Maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and specifically with the Police, Health, Education, Probation and voluntary sectors to ensure safeguarding referrals are responded to robustly and are effectively signposted.
- Record, interpret and present social care information and issues that can impact on the risk or needs assessment of the child/young person. This may involve disclosing proportionate and relevant information related to the parents/careers or siblings.
- Escalate evidence of ineffective safeguarding arrangements within or outside the MASH.
- Explain clearly, and with sound rationale, highly complex safeguarding information to a wide range of professionals.
- Participate in the MASH multi-agency risk analysis to inform case Management advising where necessary and challenging decisions where appropriate.
- Taking referrals about children who are at risk of significant harm (sec 47 Children's Act 1989)
- Screening for children and vulnerable adults involved in domestic abuse
- Undertaking s17 assessment and intervention with children and families
You must have:
- HCPC Registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full UK license holder
Why Pulse Jobs?
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
Pulse Jobs is an equal opportunities employer. Pulse Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Interviews dates are already set, so if you’re looking for a secure role in an authority that is going from strength to strength, with a host of benefits and clear progression – apply now!
Contact: James Spencer
DD: 020 3687 1091
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.