Pulse is currently seeking a Qualified Social Worker to work with children and young people with mental health problems, who are patients of a Forensic CAMHS service. The role will entail supporting their families and carers whilst working alongside other professionals in multidisciplinary teams.
This post is available immediately, offering full time hours with an initial tenure of 6 months and is based in the West Midlands area.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Carry out comprehensive assessments of social/family background and parenting capacity, ensuring that appropriate case records are maintained
• Assist in the process of rehabilitation and coordinate discharge planning arrangements
• To participate in social care meetings
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team, to deliver a needs-led service to young people, their families and carers
• To receive safeguarding referrals and undertake safeguarding assessments/investigations, following BCC polices and procedures
• Participate in regular supervision sessions and be proactive in identifying personal development needs
Skills and Experience needed:
• At least 2 years post qualification experience
• Experience as a social worker with children, young people and their families
• Good assessment and care planning skills
• Provision of formal reports
• Dip(SW), CQSW or equivalent qualification
• GSCC registration
In return, Pulse can offer you:
• HireVue online interviews
• Free training
• Assistance with travel and accommodation
• Support and advice from our friendly and dedicated team of consultants
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.