Assistant Team Manager – Children’s Safeguarding Team – Berkshire – Up to £47,000 + £3000 bonus
My client in Berkshire is looking to expand their permanent Children’s Safeguarding Team with managerial support from an Assistant Team Manager They have recently rolled out a ground-breaking Family Safeguarding model, which has reduced CP plan numbers by almost 50% in other councils, therefore they are looking for passionate social workers who are looking to make a real difference in a forward thinking team. Your experience will include child protection case work including court and permanency work with a sound understanding of all assessment work.
As the Assistant Team Manager you will be working closely, in a non-case holding role, with the Team Manager, directly managing around 6 social workers, and 2-3 care workers. You will mentor staff, enabling them to autonomously manage complex cases and further progress their careers!
Benefits of working as Assistant Team Manager of Children’s Safeguarding Team include:
- Large pension contribution
- Relocation package of up to £8000
- Flexible working schemes
- Generous annual leave allowances
- Childcare Vouchers
- Clear career progression and promotion criteria to TM
- Interesting and varied role.
- Chance to mentor and supervise
The Assistant Team Manager of Children’s Safeguarding Team should have:
- 3-4 years’ experience as a Senior Social Worker
- Ideally exposure to mentoring/supervising (even if just an individual)
- Court Experience
- Extensive experience completing Section 47s
- Experience attending CP meetings & Case conferences
- Experience liaising with internal colleagues and external agencies to inform and assess care planning, joint planning and delivery of interventions
- Experience in LAC duties
- Excellent inter-personal skills
You must have:
- HCPC Registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full UK license holder
Why Pulse Jobs?
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £500 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
Pulse Jobs is an equal opportunities employer. Pulse Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Contact: James Spencer
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.