Assistant Team Manager – Children’s Duty & Assessment Team – Berkshire – Up to £45,000 + £8000 relocation bonus
My client in Berkshire is looking to expand their permanent Children’s Assessment Team with experienced Consultant Social Workers to progress, or experienced Assistant Team Managers. Led by large investments, they have a large focus on best practices, with strong leadership who advocate supporting their staff as a unit to get the best results. The team is responsible for undertaking a single statutory assessment that informs the plan of intervention for a child; ensuring the needs of referred children are fully comprehended, and translated into rigorous, actionable plans. outcomes for the children in the borough. As the Assistant Team Manager you will be working closely, in a non-case holding role, with the Team Manager, directly managing around 6 social workers. You will mentor staff, enabling them to autonomously manage complex cases and further progress their careers!
Benefits of working as Assistant Team Manager of Duty & Assessment Team include:
- Large pension contribution
- Relocation package of up to £8000
- Flexible working schemes
- Generous annual leave allowances
- Childcare Vouchers
- Clear career progression and promotion criteria to TM
- Interesting and varied role.
- Chance to mentor and supervise
The Assistant Team Manager of Children’s Duty & Assessment Team should have:
- 3-4 years’ experience as a Senior Social Worker
- Ideally exposure to mentoring/supervising (even if just an individual)
- Court Experience
- Extensive experience completing Section 47s
- Experience attending CP meetings & Case conferences
- Experience liaising with internal colleagues and external agencies to inform and assess care planning, joint planning and delivery of interventions
- Excellent inter-personal skills
You must have:
- HCPC Registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full UK license holder
Why Pulse Jobs?
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £500 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
Pulse Jobs is an equal opportunities employer. Pulse Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Interviews dates are already set, so if you’re looking for a secure role in an authority that is going from strength to strength, with a host of benefits and clear progression – apply now!
Contact: James Spencer
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.