We currently have a job opportunity for an Associate Director to work within a large NHS trust in London. This is a contract position on a full time basis paying competitive rates.
- To provide professional leadership, supervision and development support to social work staff at band 7 and band 6 across the Specialist Services Directorate.
- To develop effective operational and strategic approaches to manage complex organisational interface issues e.g. across boundaries between the Trust and multiple Local Authorities, especially at referral and discharge
- To lead on safeguarding adults issues and strategy for the Directorate as part of the Trust’s safeguarding governance structure
- To be a source of advice on the operation of the Mental Health Act in the Directorate and to be Mental Capacity Act lead for the Directorate.
- To be the Directorate lead on Carers’ and family involvement
- To work with the Director of Social Work to ensure that social work services are appropriately developed, governed and performance managed across the Directorate, including through the development of practice education and placements for students, and enabling the continuing professional development programme for social workers
Management and leadership
- To contribute to the overall strategic and operational management of the Directorate as a member of the Directorate’s management team and professional leaders forums.
- To provide expert professional leadership and practice advice, supporting staff, colleagues and partners, employing a visionary, motivational and problem solving approach.
- To be responsible for the regular professional supervision of Band 7 (Principal) and Band 6 social work staff, ensuring they are appraised and that their development needs are considered and addressed in line with the Knowledge and Skills Framework and the Professional Capabilities Framework for social work.
- To work with the Director of Social Work and other senior social work staff to ensure effective performance management systems for social work are in place
- To ensure that social work staff under the post holder’s supervision understand their role in delivering the target areas described in the Business and Service Plans, working with line managers to develop effective individual job plans.
- To produce reports on areas of strategy, practice or performance (etc), as required for a variety of audiences and levels of seniority.
- To be able to present material effectively in public forums, conferences and meetings.
- To undertake strategic and representative activities (e.g. at external meetings) as delegated by the Service Director or Director of Social Work, as agreed with the post holder.
- To be an active member of the Trust wide social work leadership group
You must have:
- You must have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA / MA Social Work / DipSW or equivalent), be professionally registered HCPC, and be eligible to work in the UK
- Previous AMHP experience
- Experience of direct social work interventions
- Experience of developing training programmes
- Experience of supervising staff
- Enhanced DBS
- All applicants must have at least 2 years recent post qualifying experience working within the UK in the relevant field
- You must be a car driver
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.