Health and Wellbeing Coach
CS Health & Wellbeing is a dynamic and accomplished organisation dedicated to making the UK’s local and workplace communities healthier. Working with local authorities, CCGs and employers, we design, implement and evaluate innovative health and wellbeing services that will result in long-term health benefits through sustained behaviour change.
The ICS Health & Wellbeing brand has been selected to deliver the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NHS DPP) across the UK. NHS England, Public Health England and Diabetes UK have committed to improving efforts to prevent diabetes, and this collaborative programme aims to help the 5 million people who are at risk of developing the disease. The Programme comprises of physical activity and dietary components, underpinned by behavior change techniques.
We are currently seeking Health & Wellbeing Coaches who can deliver this programme, ideal candidates will come from Nutritional, Health Science, Sports, Exercise or Psychology related backgrounds. You will be responsible for delivering 1:1 and group sessions across your region.
- Conducting 1:1 Initial Assessments and reviews with service users
- Delivery of Group sessions to service users on Nutrition/Physical Activity/Behaviour Change as part of a set programme
- Maintaining Data monitoring records of all service users.
- Conduct risk assessments where required.
- Support the Service User engagement strategy to ensure adherence to the programme and minimise drop – outs.
- You share a degree of passion towards Health, Wellbeing and Public Health.
- You are Confident and enjoy engaging with people daily.
- You are an excellent communicator and have a friendly demeanour to build relationships.
- You have your own vehicle and are flexible to travel
- Flexible to work evenings/weekends when required.
- The ability to speak to also Urdu, Polish, Bengali (with Sylheti and Chatgaya), Punjabi and Gujarati would an advantage but not an essential.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in one or more of the following related fields: Nutrition Sports/Exercise, Health Science, Behaviour change, psychology or Health Psychology
- REPS Level 3 Personal Training qualification will be considered if you do not have a degree.
- Previous experience of delivering information one to one or to a group
- Experience of working as a Health Trainer will be considered.
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for 4 times in the last 6 years. And you can be part of this.
We offer a wide range of company benefits, including:
- Company Pension scheme – Where we match your contribution.
- Childcare Vouchers plus 25 days Holiday (pro-rata)
- Comprehensive specialist training received.
- Mileage and travel costs paid for.
- You will be part of a program that is designed to change people’s lives.
- Hourly Rate: £17.50 per hour for group sessions, £12.75 per hour for one to one sessions (London £20 per hour for group sessions and £13.77 per hour for one to one sessions)
ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.