About ICS Health & Wellbeing
ICS Health & Wellbeing is a dynamic and accomplished organisation dedicated to making the UK’s local and workplace communities healthier. Working with local authorities, CCGs and employers, we design, implement and evaluate innovative health and wellbeing services that will result in long-term health benefits through sustained behaviour change.
About the role
ICS Health & Wellbeing has been selected to deliver the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NHS DPP) across the UK. NHS England, Public Health England and Diabetes UK have committed to improving efforts to prevent diabetes, and this collaborative programme aims to help the 5 million people who are at risk of developing the disease.
Due to the success and growth of the National Diabetes Prevention Programme we are currently seeking Health & Wellbeing Coaches from Sports & Fitness backgrounds to deliver the Programme across the North West/West London region. The programme comprises of physical activity and dietary components underpinned by behaviour change techniques.
The Health & Wellbeing Coach is responsible for delivering both one to one and group sessions on healthy eating and physical activity within the community, facilitating health improvement with a non-judgemental and motivational approach.
What you will be doing
- Conducting Initial Assessment’s with the service user, taking clinical and non-clinical measurements including validated questionnaires, height and weight, and POCT (fingerprick and venous blood samples) for HbA1C (training will be provided)
- Deliver group sessions on nutrition following our programme curriculum content to enable and encourage service users to change their behaviour and improve overall health
- Deliver group physical activity sessions (If qualified to do so)
- Conduct 1 to 1 review sessions with the service user at regular intervals
- Maintain data monitoring records for all service users within your caseload in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the service user engagement strategy to ensure adherence to the programme and minimise drop-outs
- Where required, conduct risk assessments on potential delivery venues
- Where required, deliver engagement events to generate interest in the programme for potential service users and stakeholders
- Liaise with Service Users, Service Manager, NDPP Relationship Manager, Operations Manager, Head of Service Development and key stakeholders
- Candidates are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Sports/Exercise related subjects or equivalent or Level 3 REPS qualification as a minimum.
- It would be an advantage to have a fitness qualification, REPS Level 3 and/or exercise by referral qualification coupled with experience of delivering to groups of adults -although not essential.
- Previous experience of presenting information in a confident, engaging and interactive manner to groups of adults
- You will have a passion for health improvement and supporting individuals to achieve a healthier lifestyle
- A caring, empathetic attitude with the ability to use your own initiative
- Access to your own vehicle is essential as you will be transporting programme delivery equipment and expected to travel in your local area in order to deliver the NDPP sessions.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings if required
Why work for ICS Health & Wellbeing?
Be part of a professional, well established and fast growing division who are the largest provider in the UK for the National Diabetes Prevention Programme
You will receive comprehensive specialist training which we facilitate and fully fund and support you with.
Ongoing support from Senior Coaches, your local Operation team which includes regular assessment and development.
All equipment is provided, including a tablet to maintain contact with your team and assist with the delivery of the NDPP sessions
Mileage and travel time costs paid
Enjoy a varied position where no two days are the same!
Be part of a programme that is helping change people's lives, enabling them to live a healthier lifestyle
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years.
We offer a wide range of company benefits including a company pension scheme where we match your contribution plus 25 days holiday (pro-rata), childcare vouchers and several other excellent benefits!
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.